OT? Good DIY Idea! - Spare key holder

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT? Good DIY Idea! - Spare key holder
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 05:30 pm:

Easy, and it makes sense!
http://www.powernationtv.com/post/this-guy-makes-a-key-box-out-of-kids-gummy-bit es-container

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

I like the idea, But I think I will test it first with something that weighs a little more that the keys, It by chance it drops off all I lose is rocks, If not then I will put in a set of keys, I do like the idea though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul iverson freeport ill. on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

the best way to hide a key is just tape with elec. tape to a bracket under car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Take your spare key and put it in a vice and drill a little bigger hole where the ring goes. Get a slotted screw that fits your license plate and put the spare key behind the plate. Now all you need is a dime to remove the screw and get your spare key. Now you can all steal my truck but if you do please light it on fire when you are done with it so I can get a new one.

I also have a spare key in my wallet, that works much easier.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Or just never take the keys out unless you're in town and then you take them out and put them in your pocket until you return.

Of course, I don't have to worry about anyone stealing my trucks. No body wants them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

I used to do the key on the license plate screw trick.
It works alright on some cars, some it just won't work.

I find the best way is to put only the trunk key in the magnet box.
It will fit and you won't loose the box because of weight.
Then hide an ignition/door key in the trunk.
That worked when I got robbed at gun point in March.
I know, some cars just use one big heavy key for everything.
I only have older cars and trucks.
My F1 pickup has a key in the oil bath air cleaner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 01:12 am:

Spare key somewhere in the cab of my pickup, keypad on drivers door. One of Fords better ideas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 07:20 am:

My '13 T doesn't use a key.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Bill I totally agree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

Gilbert, it should.

Stephen

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration