Bosch front plate question?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bosch front plate question?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 12:49 am:

I got a front plate magnetos drive to play around with, and have several magnetos that would fit. Does the model t need a Right hand rotation or LHR? I have a dixie mag, a bosch LT4 a Dr4, two Du4s, and some mix matched others that seem like they are for later cars. Which ones are correct for a T?
Thanks,
Daniel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 09:12 am:

Daniel

It depends on what kind of Mag Drive you have.

They make side drives and cross drives, some with one gear and some with multiple gears.

You can figure out which way the Mag Drive turns and that will tell you if you need a clock or counterclock Magneto.

Most all the Mags you list are available in both Drives.

Hope this helps! Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 10:58 am:

The Bosch should have an arrow on the oilier. Just remember that the crank gear is clockwise, cam gear counter clockwise the next gear would be clockwise etc looking from the front. As the magneto would be aftermarket anyway I would be more concerned if it had a good hot spark, correct rotation, if it will mount on the bracket and mate to the drive then what brand or model it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 11:27 am:

It's a tripple gear plate that goes where the generator would be mounted.
Thanks for the info!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration