Differences between '23,'24,&'25 Roadsters

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Differences between '23,'24,&'25 Roadsters
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

I have a '25 Roadster PU box...does it only fit a '25 roadster??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

John,

The side panels on the 1923 roadsters from the door hinge forward are for a low cowl while the side panels on the 1924-25 roadster are for a high cowl. But from the door and false door back they should be the same dimensions. So the 25 pickup box should bolt onto them or be able to be very easily adapted without a problem.

That would likely apply to the earlier roadsters also.

If you were going to use it to actually haul stuff - you would also want the heavier rear spring (and possibly better brakes).

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 04:00 pm:

There are different versions o the '25 P/U box, maybe Larry Smith with post with all the details.
The box does bolt to the sides of the body as well as through the rear deck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, July 03, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

I've seen '25 pickup beds mounted on all kinds of T's, and they seem to fit well on each. As far as different versions, they are not worth mentioning here. I mentioned them in the article I wrote back in 2009 or '10.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 07:14 am:

Larry - I have two 25 beds that I am restoring. I don't have any of the bed strips. Are the 26 - 27 bed strips so different that they can't be used? If so do you have dimensions of the 25 strips or a profile picture of same (or know of any originals available)?

Thanks, Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Larry, that was 5 or 6 years ago, some of the folks now here have no way of seeing the article!
And how did that much time go by???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

There are two different styles of fender iron reinforcing flanges. One is the key hole style, and the other doesn't look like a keyhole. I've seen beds with one of each! The bed strips were used for 1925 only and to my knowledge are not being reproduced. If a good metal shop could come up with a roller of the right shape, the 1926 style could probably be converted. A 26 bed strip will work, it just won't be convex in the center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

Thanks Larry. Are the widths of the 25 vs 26/27 bed strips the same?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

'25 bed

'26 original bed strips, think the width are the same as the '25 but the cross section is different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 07:16 am:

Thanks Dan, sounds like I'll have to modify the 26/27 strips to fit the 25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:09 am:

Tex, if you succeed in the modification, you would do well to offer your services to others. They are a pretty heavy gauge steel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration