Floor mat to tight around pedals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Floor mat to tight around pedals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Golabek , Poland - Kielce on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 04:53 pm:

I bought from Langs front rubber floor mat for my 1926 touring. Cuts around pedals are tight and pedals sometimes get stuck after pushing in. Should I cut some rubber around them or the problem is in original worn out band spring. Without rubber mat pedals work fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Original mat had all the plain section open.
[bare 1/2''] around edge .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

All your pedals move sideways when they are pressed. The brake and reverse move to the left and the low moves to the right. You can trim just a little off in each slot to clear the movement of the pedal.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Original 1917 mat. There is insulation pad (not original, but nice) under the floor mat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

Adam

As Norman suggested you will have to cut the slots a little wider to allow for the pedals to move sideways. Definitely a case of measure twice and cut once. If I remember right it works out to a wedge shaped cut - wider at the top than the bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Golabek , Poland - Kielce on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 05:36 am:

Thank You all for help. I didn't want to cut mat that might have original cuts around pedals. It looks like I have to do it. Thanks You once more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Took a punch and made large 1" holes at each end of the pedal slots in the rubber mat. Then cut away the rubber so the edges lined up with the round ends. That way the cuts are curved at the ends and helps prevent future tearing. Wider slots let some hot air in, but sure is easy to remove the mat over the pedals with pedal pads. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Dan
Thanks for the "T" Tip.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration