No water pump, no problem.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: No water pump, no problem.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

Living in the Mojave desert I have been very leary about driving my T around in hot weather. My car had a water pump on it when I bought it but it leaked and I could not get it to stop so I took all your advise and removed the pump. I have been driving around for most of the winter and spring with no problem but today it was 103 and 15 % humidity. I drove in both stop and go and long steady runs with no problem. Car runs great without dumping water overboard. I am pleasantly surprised and very grateful. After it cooled down I checked the water level and it was right were I started. Thanks for the advise. I thought you would like to know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

Scott. --- My son informs me that anyone living in Lancaster Ca needs a lot of help. :-)

If you live on the east side you really need help.

He lived there for about 2 years and recently move to the right coast instead of the wrong coast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Well Fred I have been here for 40 years and yes I can use all the help I can get.😎

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

That explains your addiction to the Model T. :-)

Help is on the way!

But you need to purchase more model T's if you hope to recover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

My wife and I both grew up in Lancaster. We moved to Bullhead City Arizona in '72 making Lancaster seem rather cool. We now live in Montana and lately it's been as hot as Lancaster. I also pulled the pump on my T and have no heating problems. I can't believe how big Lancaster is now. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

The world is very small..
One of our sales people's last name is Lancaster and he lived in Lancaster Ca.

Lancaster must be full of famous people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

Yep Lancaster keeps getting bigger as more people move in from other states. Its always interesting to hear where they are from and what brings them here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 09:14 am:

I lived in Lancaster, CA for six (hot) months back in 1980 when I worked for Pratt & Whitney.

Back then, Lancaster was the big town and Palmdale was a run-down backwater. Rosamond was a gas station and a couple of trailers.

Now, Palmdale is as big or bigger than Lancaster and Rosamond is a real town! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 09:46 am:

I lived near there during 1955 and 1956 in Victorville, Adelanto and Apple Valley of course then they were pretty small. I was stationed with the Air Force at was then George AFB. Kind of miss the Desert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 09:51 am:

I miss the desert every mud season, we have one every spring and fall. PK

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration