Coupe windshield seal rubber.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Coupe windshield seal rubber.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

I am working on a 21 coupe with the two piece windshield. I can not figure what to use for the seal around the windshield. I tried the rubber for the slant windshield post and these bind when closing the windshield and it will not close. Any ideas what might work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Jim on two coupes and two fordors i used thin self stick foam weather seal. I couldnt find another way to do it using rubber. the rubber seals were to stiff and would not allow the windshield to close. The foam seals eliminated that problem. They are also well hidden from being noticed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Wrolstad on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Jim, On my '21 Coupe I used Windshield Post Rubber from Lang's, p/n 7840P. All other vendors sell the "same" rubber, but the version Lang's has is just a bit smaller and softer. It fits right in the grooves along the top and sides of the windshield. Good luck. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

I have tried the seal from Langs and the side can be used but the seal above the windshield is tight and will not allow the windshield to close. I have cut this down, but have not tried it yet.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration