1923 Top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1923 Top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

OK I know there will be several opinions on this question. I am in need of a new top for my 23 touring. It is a one man top. My question is where is the best place to buy one considering price fit and material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 09:10 pm:

It really depends on what you want for the car. The ones sold by Mac's and Langs are good quality for the price. They will give excellent service for many years.

The ones made and sold by Classtique are perfect, but they cost more. If you demand the best, that's the way to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

I saw Elizabeth's tops out at Chickasha she was installing on a 15 touring, really nice material and fit, they looked like they where for a cadillac instead of a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

I have heard the same thing about her tops. Kind of figured they were more top of the line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Does anyone know the status of the JV Group? I thought I read that they were still in business, although in a very diminished capacity.

I am so glad I got one of their tops and interiors when I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Dan do you have the location of the JV Group? Never heard of them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 12:42 am:

After buying kits from both Macs and Classtique I will always pay the difference to get it from Classtique! If you want to just squeak by, pay a little bit less, get a kit that is missing stuff, and are ready to spend a lot of time altering a kit then buy it from Macs. If you want a high quality kit that actually fits then you should call Elizabeth! Just my .02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 09:00 am:

Vince Iaccono was the "V" in JV Group. He passed away about 5 years ago, ending the business. Vince was a great guy who did fine upholstery work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 09:01 am:

BTW JV Group was in New York.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 11:49 am:

A friend of mine bought a top from Macs, and the two seams for the center part of the top were sewed on incorrectly.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration