How to sandblast 26 gas tank?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How to sandblast 26 gas tank?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 02:55 am:

If cleaning the inside of a rusty gas tank with holes in it using sandblasting where would you suggest cutting the tank for removing one end? This is the RHD type tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 02:59 am:

I just had mine hot tanked at the radiator shop. Came out great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 10:27 am:

The inside of the Improved car cowl tank is a bit magical! Lots of metal plates there.

Had one cleaned at radiator shop, and the guy had to cut away an access area in the top to get the tank all clean. No sealer added, and tank came out fine other than a pin hole leak in the overflow tube that runs thru the gas area. Sealed that tube from the inside by corking each end and letting the sealer run back in forth till the tube inside was sealed. That worked fine, still holding today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Sunday, July 05, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Here is a link showing how I cleaned mine. Plus a link to an earlier thread that shows a cut away view of a 1926 tank. My tank was not rusted thru.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/425075.html?1394828615

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 03:06 am:

Cut it in 3 places... ok. thanks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration