Ford faithful leaking

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford faithful leaking
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 12:55 am:

Guys put a Ford faithful oiler on and can't get the lower end bracket to stop seeping oil
Someone or could been factory but first time I have seen it some one cut an o-ring seal for the center but I gave up as it wouldn't let it sit flush I made a gasket but
The cast brass lower part has oil weeping on both sides I'm thinking a thicker gasket then 1/16 paper
Any tip or suggestions never had trouble on others I have installed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 07:16 am:

Bob, I have seen some where a fitting was brazed in the inspection cover to do away with the stock piece or in the side of the pan, seems to work better. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 12:17 am:

Yeah I had one like that but hard to do now when motors in the car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 10:21 am:

Use some black RTV to glue it together and make a neat fillet around it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 10:38 am:

Here's a link to the Accessory of the day post on the Ford Faithful.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/226585.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 11:26 pm:

Mine is very different then any of these I get pics to me row my lower inlet is cast brass
And door is one piece cast aluminum

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration