Old Photo - 1920's Weekend Auto Camping

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - 1920's Weekend Auto Camping
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 11:32 am:

Hi Jay,

Thank you for posting this photo. I can not get enough of these vintage camping pictures whether they are Ford or not.
I am constantly amazed by the amount of stuff people would bring with them and how well dressed they are at their camp site. Thanks again. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

I'm interested in the tailgate on the turtle. I have never seen that before. Is it standard to Ford? Doesn't look like the top cover is even there. Is this an add on?
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

That isn't a Ford but maybe someone knows what it is.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 02:06 pm:

Elegant dining in the woods

What a neat picture ...

Thanks!

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 10:52 pm:

Hope they remembered to pack the 6-12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

Hope they remembered to pack the 6-12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, July 06, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

Oops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 06:55 am:

The writing on the photo just under the table says: "Weekend at Silver Lake"...NY? or KY? I can't make out the state.

Great photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 06:58 am:

Looks like KY. Quite the table set up. Stuff for the couple, plus a set-up for the 3 bears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Might be a Dodge.
Who took the picture? Smokey the Bear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 09:32 am:

There is a Silver Lake in Northern NY. Used to fish it a lot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 09:35 am:

If you ever get a chance to visit the National Automobile Museum in Reno, Nevada they have a fair number of the cars from the old Harrah's collection. One of them is the nicest model T camper you could imagine. It's designed something like a depot hack, but with drop down sides that turn into screened bunks. Can't get close enough for better detail, but I would think it contained one of those "kamp cook" cooking outfits along with all the other niceties of 1920's camping.

I've thought about building one for years......:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 09:39 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdqXIIU6reA

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 11:34 am:

Here's a couple pictures. The first was of my uncle Spencer, and the second of my grandfather with his T and a tent. Note the necktie on grandpa! I still have that tent, but not that T. Picture was taken in Lake Arrowhead Ca.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Just to ad more to this thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 02:29 pm:

Some of us still do those camp outs. We usually do tents, but this year opted for the bard due to very heavy rain. Had to lace ropes around the tires to get up the hill in the morning. The hill is steep enough that I ran out of gas near the top of the hill and had to back up the rest of the way. Had about 4 gallons of gas in the tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 02:34 pm:

All great pictures but thanks Kenny for the new age T camping pics :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

the frist car i think is a buick dodge never had a trunk like that.computer has been down for 2 weeks.has any body missed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

I was worried sick, Charley! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 05:57 pm:

Mike, who's Charley .????? :-) :-)

glad your back ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

In the first picture I see place settings for 3 people. So it must be the third person taking the picture, not Smokey the bear. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Charley,
I am glad both you and I are back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

That camper in the link posted this morning by Mark S. is the Bee's Knees! :-) I saw it at the Homecoming a few weeks go but didn't take the time to check it out thoroughly when I had the opportunity. :-(

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration