Wire wheel nuts are being made again

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wire wheel nuts are being made again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

We are making the wire wheel nut sets again
they are being made right now and should be ready in about three weeks, these will be chrome 22 lug nuts plus on lock nut, Bob
MADE IN U.S.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

Were the originals chromed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Yay! Thanks! I'll be ordering a set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

I believe the originals were nickel-plated.

Can you make those available, Bob? As I understand it, the chrome plating process includes nickel plating, then chrome after that. Seems like the plater could offer them in nickel as easily as not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Bob- have any idea about pricing for a set for all wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

Mike, We have nickel in stock. Just like the original. We also have chrome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

The older chrome ones were only good for about 6 days before they started to rust.I hope you do a better job of finishing these new ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 12:00 am:

Yes, I am in the market for a set. Mine are at least 6 days old by the looks of the rust on some of them. I lost one the other day. All were tight and one loosened up somehow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 09:15 am:

I will make some in nickel , we made these last about 15 years ago, they are going to a good finisher the same one that does our steering wheels, Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration