Earlier headlights-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Earlier headlights-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

Something seems odd about the headlights on this car.
I guess that they could be model 66 E&J, but they look all brass to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 12:25 am:

Very early 1914 body style built in 1913 with sumpless pan? Sumpless pans do not have a brazed on teacup nor do they have the later sump pressed from the pan. Only done a short time late 1913 calendar year.
Probably nothing to do with the headlamps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Herb, I have a pair of 66 lights. He body is painted black, but the lights are all brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 08:07 am:

The headlights appear to be black with a brass rim - the passenger side is especially obvious. The tops may be tarnished black. Like this car:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:29 am:

Response to Layden on the pans. The first new style pan after the tea cup one looked almost like a tea cup pan, only it wasn't. I believe they came out in July 1913.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration