Funny story

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Funny story
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

Now keep this in the humor that it was intended. Monday I toke the wife's car in for a paint job. She can just use my truck and I will take my motorcycle to work. Tuesday I was riding my motorcycle to work and hit a car that pulled out and stopped in front of me. I'm beat-up but ok, bike is not, but that's ok I can just take the motor home to work. Tuesday afternoon the shop that is re flooring said motor home called and needs it Thursday, they have a small window of time to work with. So the only car left is the T. It will have to be my everyday car for a couple of weeks. It will take longer to get around but a lot more fun. I drive my T a lot but now I have to depend on it. life is never dull.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Glad you're OK after the motorcycle incident.

In the same spirit with humor - you would have saved yourself a whole lot of trouble if you had just made the right decision in the first place and driven your T to start with! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

Scott glad you're O.K. The bike can be replaced, I know I have replaced 2 or 3 of them and it has never been my fault unless you count the time I purposely dumped my '45 knuckle head to avoid a child that appeared "out of nowhere" from between 2 parked cars! at least you now have a "war story" :-( and you can tell it yourself!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

My Model T is 94 years old, my work truck is 29, and my "modern car" is 20. I do believe that my T is the most dependable of all of them. My T's have never left me stranded, which is more than I can say about the others. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

I have a good friend who commuted to work every nice day in his 1924 touring car. Yes, it did have regular plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

I spend weeks at a time alone at my place in the Adirondacks with my '27 touring as my only transportation when my wife decides to take the modern iron to visit the grandkids. The only time it gets ugly is when it rains because I don't have side curtains.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 11:48 pm:

I am very pleased that you are okay. Motorcycles and model Ts can both be replaced. Be careful on the roads, no matter what you drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 12:08 am:

Thanks to you all. It seems that all the fun things in life come with some risk of bodily harm. Model Ts, motorcycles, women. But we just keep going back to them time after time. Ha ha. I am sore and getting stiffer by the minute but I will be fine. Maybe Henry has the right idea and I should have started with my T in the first place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 05:48 am:

Scott,

I'm so glad you are ok. A good T can easily serve as transportation as long as you can go to and from work on roads that are slower or if you have a modified T to drive faster and stop well if you are on the faster roads.

One other item make sure it has the license tags and insurance for the type of driving you will be doing. Some of the antique car insurance is very reasonably priced but many of those have a restriction that makes them void etc. if I drive the vehicle to and from work or if I leave it outside without someone watching it etc. That is one of the ways the insurance company can offer the lower rates -- the car is less of a risk for them to insure. Just be sure you know how your policy reads for your car so you are not surprised if someone causes you to have an accident in your T. The same is true for the license tag. Some states you can use the "antique tag" on a daily driver while other states have restrictions on the use of the car etc.

I've often kept one of my antique cars licensed normally and insured normally just so I can drive it to work etc. if I wanted to do so. The draw back is it cost more.

Depending on what type of situation you have, if the other driver totaled your bike -- you may be entitled (did I use that word?) to a rental car.

Hope you will be over the accident soon and back to normal.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 09:46 am:

Thanks Hap. VERY good advise. I'll check into it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 09:55 am:

IF it ever came down to having to rely on my T's, I'd be screwed. My commute to work is 103 miles... ONE WAY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Wow James. I thought only us crazies in So. Cal. had long commutes. Yea you would have to leave a little early. My work is 6 miles of city driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 11:36 am:

I commuted 90 miles each way for 5 years. The only thing that would have actually made it palatable would have been Scotties' transporter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 11:41 am:

Maybe some day Henry. Weren't we supposed to have hovercraft by know? I guess I'm getting way OT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

http://www.terrafugia.com/ :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

Oh :0

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration