Wheel Press

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wheel Press
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

Is there a pattern or template with measurements for a wheel press, to build one. I'm going to replace my spokes.
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

http://www.funprojects.com/pdf/WheelpressA2.pdf

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Thanks Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

There's also one out there that uses a square wooden base. Don't know if one base is better than the other but the square is a lot easier to make.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 10:29 pm:

I did mine real simple no special box just a chunk of heavy plywood Four pieces of 4x4 about 6 to 8 inches long a piece of all thread few nuts and washers and a large wrench. First one took about 2 hours the others less than 30 minutes a piece. Never had done them before so the first one was a learning experience

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 06:18 am:

Thanks fellow members

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 06:39 am:

Do you mean this one??

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 08:37 am:

I stuck pretty close to the Regan plan. It was easy, but John's estimate for the cost was a bit low. I think I spent about $40 on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 09:20 am:

Steve, if you were building wheels that day, you can take the heat better than I can!

Here's my press, built with the Regan plans:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 10:27 am:

I just want to add this.
Do not apply varnish or paint on the surfaces where the spokes touch each other. It will work as glue and will block the spokes as they touch. The spokes need to be clean wood at this surfaces. I apply furniture wax on this surfaces, this make the job easier. Line oil will work too

Andre
Belgium

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration