Minimum battery size for a starter car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Minimum battery size for a starter car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Loving on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

I want to add a starter to my 1911 Torpedo. What is the smallest size battery that will start a T?
There is virtually no storage space in a Torpedo as it is, I can build a box for the battery under the seat, which will seriously reduce the storage.
What is the minimum cranking amps for a 12V T starter?
I assume I need a regulator, what's recommended?
Thanks,
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

I mounted a 12 volt battery under the seat in my 12 torpedo, plenty of space for it there. There is no need for a regulator if you don't have a generator. The battery will last for several months without a recharge. I hold the battery in place with a bungee cord.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration