Value of old Model T Pedal Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Value of old Model T Pedal Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fowlkes Realty & Auction on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

We just found this pedal car in storage. Can anyone give me an idea of what it's worth? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

More than you think..........why not contact a pedal car collector's group? They can probably tell you who made it and when, along with it's present and restored value.

I just finished restoring a little Ford pedal tractor that I gave to my son back in the early seventies (he was four) and now my grandson has it. During the restoration I was told it was worth a minimum of four times what I paid for it way back when...and I don't even consider it an "antique"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

Is there any identifying markings of name plates anywhere on the car? That might help in finding a value.
Check out pedalcar.com. You can contact them and they can help you in determining a value.

I would think it would be worth
around a 100.00 in the condition its in and who wants it bad enough for their collection. Old toys and anything old condition determines the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

What ever you do, do not clean it, repaint it, or do anything to it. It is in exactly the condition that collectors want.

I am guessing an antique store would pay $300 and sell at $600.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

I know very little about pedal cars, except that some bring really high prices at estate auctions, while others bring very little. I keep thinking that when the right one comes along, I'll pick it up for a display piece.

I like the look of that one enough that I wouldn't hesitate to bid $100 on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

As nice as that one is I would think $300.00-$450.00 You might give Speedway Motors in Lincoln, Ne. a call and speak with someone regarding pedal cars, they have a nice collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

It ain't worth a red cent. I'll tell you what you should do; carefully crate it up and ship it to me and I'll dispose of it for you. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 05:25 pm:

http://pedalcarforum.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Here is similar one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-1920s-Nash-Pedal-Car-Original-condition-unrestor ed-as-is-/381143267371?nma=true&si=LnW7Td54kP4%252B4BYIrkk4t5MKlc0%253D&orig_cvi p=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fowlkes Realty & Auction on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

Good one, Michael Garrison!! :-)

Thank you everyone for your help!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

Ones very similar to that were made as reproduction display pieces a couple decades ago, however, I am fairly certain that that is an original from around 1930 (careful beating and aging could fake that). The reproductions do cause a lot of confusion as to value. I do not follow these things enough to have an opinion as to the dollar value. It is a very nice piece!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Hey, I thought it was worth a shot. I'd love to own that thing. Congratulations!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

Would look even better shortened, fenders removed, cut off behind the cowl with a pedal tractor rear end added. 😉

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, July 10, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

Damned IPhone - was supposed to be a wink icon at the end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 03:53 pm:

The Highway 77 antique mall here in Central Texas has pedal cars to sell fairly often and the prices do vary and its surprising what people will pay and wont pay.

I would do as much research ( there is a lot that can be found from many websites) as I could.

The person is out there who will pay top dollar for the condition that's its in. You just have to find him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

I am no expert on pedal cars by a long shot, but I have several and have bought and sold lots of them thru the years. The car you have there is different than most I have seen similar to it. I would research it well. Two cars that look very similar to the novice collector could vary a lot in value. One of them could be worth 75.00 and the other one worth 5000.00. So do the research and find out for sure the maker and model. I can tell you right now based on my "gut instincts" I would give 350.00 to 400.00 for it as-is if it was sitting in front of me. There is just something about it, that says, "this may not be a common pedal car" And please resist any urge to "fix or restore" anything. As mentioned above, it is in the condition serious collectors want. good luck with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

Here is a Steelcraft, listed on e-bay very similar to the one you show. Notice the price difference between this one and the one in the other link listed above .. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331602830452?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack =true

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

That looks like a dead ringer right down to the holes in the cowl for the windshield.
Interestingly that one is only about 50 miles away from me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

This thread reminds me of when we were at the centennial tour in Richmond. Teresa and I were in the museum and I commented to no one in particular that I wondered what the Model T pedal car was worth. A tall older gentleman was standing nearby and responded, "probably a lot more than you think". This started a memorable conversation I had with Bruce McCalley!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

I'd think more in the range of $1500 based on what is asked for at Hershey...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 12:09 am:

Currently on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R3.TR11.TRC 1.A0.H2.Xpedal+cars.TRS0&_nkw=pedal+cars+vintage&_sacat=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

Eugene - try that link but filter out the 6" long "midget show model" - not one original pedal car in the bunch, just "collectable miniatures" - Don't confuse those with the real thing.

I stand by my estimate - but hold tight for the one ending tomorrow night that's missing it's windshield and a wheel - and figure it will sell around 50-75% of what a complete one would.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

Mark, Your estimate is a realistic one. My price I quoted was what I would give no questions. and then I would try to get at least double that price. But this green car is a little better than most, so it could easily bring more than the one in the auction.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration