Leaking Valve Covers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Leaking Valve Covers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

The thick valve covers on my '13 were leaking oil, so here is how I fixed them. I got a spare two hole block, and put a gasket over the opening so the paint wouldn't get messed up, and put the valve cover on backwards. I used three flat washers under the nut so I could push the valve cover down far enough. The distance at the center should be 1/4" more than the edges. That brought them back to standard. Another thing I don't like is the new type gaskets weep, meaning they act like a wick. Wouldn't it be nice if they were to use cork again! And, if you are wondering how thick those early valve covers are, they are between .095-.100. I haven't seen any thicker, and they got considerably thinner every year after that.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration