I went antiquing with my wife, today.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I went antiquing with my wife, today.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

In one store, I found a wood rimmed, locking (Yale) non-tilting steering wheel for 5 to 1 steering with aluminum spider and brass gear case cover with real good nickel plating (no key, but I didn't ask) priced at $125.00. I'd have bought it but I have two.
In another shop, I found a restored, working 1922 Holmes (same company that made wrecker equipment) heavy duty floor jack, priced at $419.00. I didn't need it quite that bad, so I passed. It probably weighs at least 200 pounds and would be a bear to ship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

Shoulda bought the Yale wheel Terry, good item to resell or trade.
Any decent wood wheel is worth that plus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

I did the same with one of my bud's. We made the Spokane swap meet and bot lots of goodies, tools and other odds and in's we could not pass up. Then we hit a couple of garage sales and antique shops with decent results. We also stopped at an other bud's place and swapped some 1909-1910 stuff, leaving there with both sides thinking they got the best of the deal.

The best part was no whining or moaning about "can we go now", why are you buying that?????. or your not planning to put that junk in my car, are you?

Rule #1 never never take your s/o. wife or g/f to a swap meet.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 12:36 am:

Rule #1 I always take my wife to swap meets.
She has a good eye and can spot a piece I'm looking for.
She'll paw through a box of stuff that I might walk past.
She'll negotiate a price lower than I can hope to get.
Never complains about tossing stuff in the car after she carries it a half mile to the car.
Been doing this for 50+ years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 01:04 am:

My wife is a great help at swap meets--except she likes to buy miniature model Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 02:29 am:

My wife is perfect at swap meets, never rushes me or complains or stops me buying anything that takes my fancy no matter what the price is.
Mind you she left me a couple of years ago!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 06:22 am:

Never go to a swap meet or garage sale w/o wife, she always finds the deals I miss and she loves this stuff. My favourite thing about my wife is when she says "If you have the cash and want it get it" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 06:46 am:

My wife has all the positives above plus she loves to sell at Hershey while I go out walking. She also holds out for top dollar while I will let the stuff go for a decent offer, and she almost always gets her price.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration