Storm rod alighnment tool on Ebay, 1920's??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Storm rod alighnment tool on Ebay, 1920's??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

Help on information or patent information on tool.
I have one but cannot determine how to measure bend/twist.

I don't know if the tool is complete of if anything is missing?

I would like any information on how to use and if the additional parts that come with it.

How can I find the patent information if any.
I know of tow other tools sets but no information on it's use and completeness.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-engine-rod-alignment-tool-/131552649602?hash=ite m1ea1262182&item=131552649602&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 12:21 am:

Well, now I know what that was. I had one of those in my shop for about five years. I picked it up in a pile of T parts that I bought at an auction. It was missing a couple of the pieces shown in that listing. Maybe, if it had them, I'd have figured out what it was. I asked everyone that visited what it was and even tried to look it up on the internet. But, when I moved I just junked it with the rest of my scrap metal. Oh, well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 11:38 am:

You are the 4th. person that has owned one and had no idea on how to use it. I am one of the 4!!!
Too bad!
I will keep trying!
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

It is nicely made and something many of us would not see otherwise. Thanks for bringing it to the forum.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

The item as sold at buy it now price.
I hope the buyer knows how to use it!
I have sent an email to the seller asking him to pass on my contact information so I can ask for his help!

Keep trying!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

I jot the answer from a T owner in Alabama!
He said he would post a picture!
I will follow up!
Any other information and a manual would be special!
Thanks Again!
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Smitherman on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 10:37 am:

I am working on the Photos for the alignment tool. I haven't got a handle on the upload yet Thanks James Smitherman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Smitherman on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

Photos of Storm rod alignment tools. James Smitherman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Smitherman on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Smitherman on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 05:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Smitherman on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Smitherman on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration