Holley 2 Screw Model S Advice Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Holley 2 Screw Model S Advice Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul jacobs on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 01:18 am:

I'm sure this question has been asked before but does anyone know where to get a needle for a Holley 2 screw model S carb? Or knowledge of a needle from another carb that will either fit out of the box or with some modification? There seems to be a very limited amount of parts available for this model carb.
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 06:41 am:

Paul I machined mine to install a replaceable needle and seat. I did not have the ability to recondition the seat, or and tools to do so. You cannot machine any deeper than the original seat as the depth of the remaining material is needed for the Tap. This is my fix, I believe there is a carb expert who can recondition the seat, and do an original restoration. ..........Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 07:47 am:

Paul... Here are a couple of links to threads I wrote a few years ago when rebuilding my basket case Holley 2-screw. Check them out. I mention in there that you have to find a way to lap the old needle and seat together with loose abrasives and explain in there how I did it.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/270074.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/271919.html?1330764121

This carb runs great on my 13 and gives me no issues at all. Has plenty of low-end power for pulling these West Virginia hills, too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul jacobs on Sunday, July 12, 2015 - 09:14 am:

Thanks for the info. My biggest problem is I don't have the old needle so I don't know what it even looks like. I also don't have any other needles for other carbs to see if I can modify them to fit. I would like to find a neoprene needle to fit if possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 06:47 am:

Paul,
I have an NOS 2-screw unit that is complete. If you can give me a week or so, I'll pull the needle out and see what's involved with making you one on my lathe. I'm in the middle of my daughters show at the theater and that won't be over until next Sunday. If I get some down time on Wednesday - which I might, I'll dive into it. Stay tuned.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration