Mystery Distributor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mystery Distributor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 11:47 am:

My Boy Scout Troop was gifted with a '26 T project and we've found some interesting things... The gift included some spare parts and pieces which included this “mystery distributor”. There are no markings on the body or distributor cap. It is similar to a Thomas, but not a match to anything I’ve found. It appears to be made of aluminum or pot metal. One of the mounting arms was broken and missing on receipt. The plug wires are/were soldered directly into the cap. The grease fitting is not a “modern” style. Any help identifying would be appreciated. Thanks.Distributor FrontDistributor BackDistributor Top and Cap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

It looks like what's left of a Thomas...but I have never seen a Thomas quite of this style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Rakestraw on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 03:01 pm:

An interesting "old" fix I found. Look at the top view. The spring which closes the points is broken and a wooden plug was added to wedge the spring parts in place. Presumably it worked for a while at least.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration