Hi, looking for help and parts for pre-war crosley

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hi, looking for help and parts for pre-war crosley
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don protheroe on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

I have a 39 crosley that runs but leaks oil badly. Does anyone know if/where I can get engine parts ? like I assume a rear main seal, etc. Also interested in some misc parts like air cleaner and breather cover. other parts are of interest, too. any help will be very much appreciated. ( how about an engine manual or parts list, or diagram, etc). Thanks very much. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

Don,

Try http://www.crosleycars.com/owners_manuals.htm

also,

http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Drake on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

There are many Model T owners with Crosleys, I'm one. I would recommend joining the Crosley Automobile Club (www.crosleyautoclub.com) where there's a wealth of information about both prewar and postwar cars. There is also a Yahoo! mailing list available. The prewar series is very different in terms of styling and design from postwar cars, but a good number of parts interchange.

Parts availability is very good and nearly everything is readily orderable to keep the cars running. A prewar does have a different engine than postwar cars, but much in the driveline otherwise is the same.

Powell Crosley looked to Henry Ford when he was developing the cars and you'll find many similar philosophical design touches. Like the MTFCA, the Crosley club is also very active and just had another national meet this past week. Great group of folks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

The number one Crosley parts source is Service Motors in Twelve Mile, Indiana.

They started in New York in 1940 as a Crosley dealer. They have a really great website and offer services such as engine rebuilding, performance modifications, and disc brake rebuilding, among other things.

Here's a link: www.servicemotors.net

As you may, or may not know, 1939 was the first year of production and the car was introduced at the 1939 New York Worlds Fair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 07:07 am:

Hi Don,
My father has a 42 Prewar Crosley that he is working on, if you give me your email address I will forward it to him. I'm sure he would like to talk to another prewar crosley owner since there aren't many out there.
Thanks,
James

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration