OT Walmarts new trucks, Air bearings? video

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Walmarts new trucks, Air bearings? video
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NER9X4_gtYk?feature=player_detailpag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

That's the sort of technology that makes fuel companies cringe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

yeah. that's going to keep the shop mechanics busy. Going to start hiring computer geeks for drivers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

It's been a long time since i thought of the [Don;t you buy no ugly truck] add!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 12:40 am:

Air bearings are used in most large airliner air conditioning units. The 'air cycle machine' bearings are air bearings. Don't ask me how they work, they just do.

Unique looking truck. Now everyone is going to want one.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 08:48 am:

The only thing it is missing is replacing the steering wheel with a joy stick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 09:58 am:

Amazing technology! I still don't like the idea of not having the instruments directly in front of the driver, and the center seating position is not practical. A very interesting concept vehicle though. The trailer should be ready to go now; a 4,000 lb weight saving? Wow. Pricey though, I'll bet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

I think Ford tried that many years ago?? The fancy trailer will be nice and save weight until a idiot and a forklift hits it!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

You can tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys. On this basis, it looks like Walmart is a real he-man!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

I seriously doubt you will see Walmart make a significant capital investment in carbon fiber trailers - let alone the prototype truck.

This is merely a marketing ploy.

Walmart could easily utilize waste oil collected at its' express lube stores to heat water & fuel furnaces.

Freighter Jim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration