K R Wilson Magnet Setting Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: K R Wilson Magnet Setting Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Monday, July 13, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

Has anyone made a home made version of the K. R. Wilson Magnet Setting Tool? I don't want to buy one for $200.00 and it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to make a crude version that would work just fine. Thanks, Rand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 12:05 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/141578.html?1274293668

Earlier post scroll down to end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 02:27 am:

I made one to help set up the magnets on the first transmission that I rebuilt. It worked fine for setting the magnets. After I had the opportunity to use a KR Wilson tool, I had to have one. Used properly, the tool helps you set the magnet heights correctly AND helps you shim the mag ring for proper clearance. This eliminates the on and off, trial and error method, which has you mounting and removing the transmission several times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward Payson, Ut. on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Thanks for your posts. Rand

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration