He's doing it again!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: He's doing it again!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

My son is trying to spend more of his inheritance (my money).

A few weeks ago he talked me into getting a pickup truck.
This time he is looking at a trailer for the T.

Will it ever stop??

I will keep you posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Fred,

You know that it will never stop as long as you fund it !

Life is short...enjoy his enthusiasm!
(Yes, I need to listen to that re: my son, too!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

No

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 01:07 pm:

Fred, do you only have one T.?? You do know they multiply :-) I can see a bigger shop, sheds, more tools, :-) enjoy the time you get to spend on the cars with your son.... and have fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

Donnie you forgot they will need a paint booth and a place to store the frames while the bodies are being painted. And lest we forget they will need a fridge for the refreshments!:-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

The trouble with teenagers, and some adults, today is that anything you give them, they think it is worth exactly what it cost them and they treat it accordingly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Any time I'm gonna blow some money on something I ask myself...self, 50 years from now who's going to give a sh&t?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 10:58 pm:

Any time I'm gonna blow some money I ask myself... self, who's gonna give sh&t right now?

Forget the 50 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:04 am:

Yeah, you're right Aaron.
Many moons ago when I started saying that 50 yrs made sense. Not now.
Now I don't plan more than one day ahead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:37 am:

Yeah Bob, here lately, we've even discussed discontinuing our normal practice of buying green bananas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 05:19 am:

Donnie. We only have one T but a 31 town Sedan snuck into the garage when I was not looking.
My wife insists that it is her car.

Jim. My son is beyond a teen. Every time he comes up with a new idea I remind him that he is spending his money and that in a few years he will have to clean up the mess. It doesn't make any difference. He wants to work - play - with his dad.

I am with Bob. Tomorrow seems like a long time in the future

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 07:01 am:

Fred, considering all the stuff kids find to spend your hard earned cash on like: smart phones, electronics that are obsolete shortly after they are purchased, spring break vacations, and other illicit activities,I don't think I would complain about investing in Model T stuff. At least you have something to show for your money after it's spent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:22 am:

The best advice that I ever received was from Dr Frederick Cunliffe, a forensic pathologist. He said "Enjoy yourself, you rarely see a U-Haul trailer behind a hearse".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 10:13 am:

My dad has worked very hard his whole life.I have always told him if he dies with a dollar in his pocket it is his own fault. I only intervene when I feel like he getting screwed or could get more for his money.
He bought a Harley last year and I worked on it for him a good bit to get it right. Before he bought it he ask me if I minded. I said "he-- no,it is your money." He just drove it breakfast this morning and he is 81 years old :-)
I must admit when he went to the motorcycle show this year I told him if he bought another 1 to get it in peach baskets to save me some time fixen it! :-)
Play while ye can!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 11:00 am:

"Now I don't plan more than one day ahead."

At my age I don't even buy green bananas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Fred, You are lucky he is bent toward a good wholesome hobby. Many younger ones get hooked on drugs and cause you nothing but misery. Give in. It's a hobby you both enjoy; why not buy a giant trailer to put the fleet of T's in. It's only money you can not spend when you croak!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration