Hasslers don't look right

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hasslers don't look right
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

Popeye sits about 4" too high in the back. I think I know why. It's a large drum Ruckstell with a Hassler setup like I have never seen before. Normally the pancake type is used on the 26 - 27 rear ends. All this stuff clears the brake drums and wheels just fine but the car sits way high!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

Royce, I think you are correct. The style in your photo are for 25 and earlier. The pancake style is for the 26-27 models ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

I didn't think those would go onto a '26/'27 rear end?! I would check it over very carefully.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

Royce,they look like the saddles are to far outboard. Is the top of saddle up against the spring leaf end? If not,you may be able to shift them some. They will raise the body some .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 07:44 am:

Jack,

There is about 12" of clearance from the top of the tire to the bottom of the rear fenders. The last thing I need is for it to be higher! I am going to install a proper set of pancake Hasslers when I pull the rear end to inspect it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Can someone post a picture of the pancake hasslers. I have never seen them.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Any body got an advert for these shocks? Could be one of the "advantages" of using them might be the added lift.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

All the blueberries squished out of my pancake hasslers on the first bump. Not the way to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

I wonder - maybe my brackets are correct for Pancake Hasslers and someone installed the early beehive springs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 05:08 pm:

No, your "hangers" are for the "beehive" style, Royce. I believe I have some "bits & pieces" of pancakes laying around - let me know which direction you intend to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

Steve,

I have a rear set of the beehives but am not sure if the ones I have are for big drum or small drum. Will look at them tonight and let you know.

I think the set on the car must be the ones for small drum / beehive based on what you are saying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

I'll try & take a couple photos of both types of rear hangers to show the difference - might be a day or two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

Here is the set I have. Are they for big drum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 11:06 pm:

Yes, they will fit a large drum, Royce.

Supposedly, some types of accessory outside brakes interfere with the mounting arms so one needs to "dry fit" to be sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

OK I tried the pancake Hasslers and they won't clear the drums. They are for a small drum rear too.

Steve I would e interested to see if you have the proper hangers that go on the backing plates for big drum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

I found a thread where Larry Young installed a set like the ones I have and ended up with a similar problem:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/108005.html?1255619854

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration