Weight of T Block.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Weight of T Block.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Can someone tell me the weight of a bare T block?
I'm working on a couple and my back is hurting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

They're about 80 lbs. Just took one to the scrap yard recently where they weighed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

Thanks Tim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 01:33 pm:

How could you dare scrap a T block?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 04:41 pm:

John, I've got a 22 block with a previously repaired crack that runs the full length of the block about 1 inch below the head surface on the water inlet side that is going to scrap unless I found a new home for it. First I have to strip it of the .040 aluminum pistons, the rebabbitted rods, and the turned EE crank. The bore has little wear and mains were rebabbitted when it was rebuilt. The initial repair was by soldering and I just have not use for it. Torres Metal Recycling, here I come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Too many cracks in all the wrong places to be comfortable with trying to repair and also run the crap out of the car! I know, sinful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

are you selling it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

John - Tim didn't say he "scrapped it". He said he took it to the scrap year to have them weigh it! I've done that from time to time too as scrap yards have truck scales as well as usually a variety of smaller scales too,.....FWIW,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

......and then again, in reading his second post on this thread,.....maybe he did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

John B., Are you referring to my 1922 block? Either I find a home for it (price varies to what I leave in it) or I strip it and it goes to the scrap yard. Bare block with main caps and bolts - negotiable; 27 EE crank + $$; fitted rods and pistons - $$$. prep for shipping and shipping charges extra, I know this isn't the classified site, but, since you asked ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

Terry sent you a PM
JOHN B IF TERRY SELL IT I SELL YOU MINE YOU HAD INTEREST IN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

John b if Terry sell me that short block I see you my long
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

bob, take it-----i want yours!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 06:44 pm:

I could not chuck or scrap any part of a Model T Engine even it it had halfway returned to Mother Earth. Ha Ha

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration