Contrary Reverse

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Contrary Reverse
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

I have to push pretty hard on the reverse pedal to get the car into reverse. The low gear has no issues. The bands are Kevlar. Don't think it's a band issue. Haven't drive the car a great deal, but plan to. Will it improve will wear?

Thanks,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:35 am:

mine did that at first.I tightened the reverse 1/2 turn.As long as it doesn't drag,you should be good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 06:30 am:

Good to hear Jack! Thanks for your help.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 06:57 am:

Take it on the Rainsville tour this weekend and we'll get it broken in. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 07:40 am:

The '23 touring that I am working on right now has all three pedals bent horribly. They are so bent that I am unable to successfully adjust the bands to be able to drive the car with the floor boards installed!

I theorize that people drove the cars until no more band adjustment was left, then kept on trying to drive with bad bands. Stomping on the pedals so hard that the shafts bent forward.

The reason I say all this is because I thought I had the same problem that Mike had. Then I tried to fix it by doing what Jack said. After that I had no neutral, and could not drive the car because low and reverse were both trying to stay engaged all the time.

Shown with the top floor removed so it can be driven:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

The cams for the pedals may be worn also, causing the same problems. Some adjust the reverse pedal too low also. I have mine adjusted so it applies about even with the brake pedal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 10:05 am:

I adjusted the reverse so that the pedal applies abouteven with brake pedal. It helped a lot!

Thanks guys!
Mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration