How much wood in a 25 Four door body?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How much wood in a 25 Four door body?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kesling on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

Im still in the hunt for a car that fits my budget. While the budget grows every week in still a bit shy of a few that are on my radar. I found a nice looking 25 Fordor that fits me but its a long drive. How much wood in a 25? Im well versed and equipped for metal but not so well for wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

Lots!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kesling on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

Dang that's what I thought. If its in OK/middle of the road shape should I be scared as a first timer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

Robert,

Perhaps there is a member in Oklahoma that can look at it for you ....

Where at in Oklahoma is it ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

You will be money and time ahead and will have substantially less headaches if you purchase a good car instead of settling for a piece of junk just because it's cheap.

Save up your money and stay away from a car that needs to have its wood replaced.

Seeing that you live in Michigan, there should be plenty of good Model Ts available within a reasonable driving distance. Note: most antique cars change hands via word of mouth without being formally advertised. If you are merely looking in classifieds, Craigslist or eBay, you are limiting your options.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kesling on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 02:01 pm:

Thanks guys, Im just starting my trip down T lane so Im not part of the "network" yet. With a young family, a busy job and other hobbies that take time and motivation its hard to travel to any of the formal T events as none of them seem close to me. Top that off that Im not really a people person and it makes it that much more difficult to fit into a formal group. I also am one of those guys that if im part of a group Im PART of it, not just show up eat my hotdog and leave, I want to work and make a difference where I can. Im just wanting a good old car to tinker with and drive to town (12 miles), grab a few parts and stroll back home. Im looking, $4300 now and adding every week. Might be a while but Ill find one. Don't want a show car, hell even a little rust and dents adds character

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

Robert, I sent you a PM.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration