It is not the Titanic!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: It is not the Titanic!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

Today was my turn to lead our club on a tour. I decided to take a chance and drive the 21 coupe I have been working on. With only 10 miles running on it, not sure if it would sink on it's maiden voyage. Much stress on this tour as we got lost on the last tour I lead and unsure about the T. I lucked out and the tour went fine. did not get lost and the 21 made the drive without a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Rogahn on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

It's always gratifying when your "new" T runs great and without issue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:39 am:

Sounds wonderful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 01:34 am:

Jim, well done! We have had a few first drives that were spectacular successes, others complete opposites. Isn't it a great feeling when you get home from a tour with no problems? Even more so when you lead it. I always say it wouldn't be as much fun if you were absolutely sure of getting there. When you do, you have accomplished something. I think there's enough wood in a 21 coupe it would have taken longer than RMS Titanic to sink.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Jim, you should never admit to being lost, locationally challenged perhaps. I lead a group of friends on a tour of the Nevada desert years ago, one friend asked if we were lost at one point, and I told him that we were not really lost, he asked what really lost was. I told him as long as we were in the right state, we were not lost. A short time later, we came to a sign that said "entering Arizona" and at that point I had to admit that we might be a little lost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Lost on an outing is when you are out of food, gas and water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

I like the one about the "Mountain Man" who stated,......."Lost? Why,....hell no! I've NEVER been lost! I once was powerful bewildered for a couple days,....but NEVER lost!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

One of my NASA test pilot friends used to say, "You're not actually lost until you run out of gas."

Dick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration