Timer Roller Intall - Orientation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Timer Roller Intall - Orientation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

Does it matter which direction the timer roller is installed on the camshaft in relation to the crankshaft?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Yes it matters, it's ether right on or 180 deg. off. 180 off=no run!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

?? It will only go one way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

Sounds like he has one of the cam shafts that the hole goes all the way thru.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:36 pm:

Mark'point is correct,but only if you're using an early cam that is drilled all the way through for the timing pin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

It can only go on one way on the later cam shafts, the body that slides on the cam has a slot that takes a pin into the hole in the cam and a cap that go's over that then the nut, same for the earlier cams but the hole for the pin go's through the cam so you can be 180 degrees out on fitting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Hole is drilled all the way through. What's the best way to insure I install it correctly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Turn the engine so that cylinder #1 is top dead center on compression stroke. Place the roller to point at terminal #1 on timer. Note, it might be slightly before or after #1 terminal, but closer to #1 than any other terminal. After it is installed adjust the rod so that the spark comes just after top dead center.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

I should add spark comes just after top dead center with the spark lever all the way up.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

Thanks Norm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

On my 17 the roller can go on either way. Don't ask me how I know that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

John

Don't you run yours clockwise on even days and counterclockwise on odd days?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration