Tt radio use rods for Muncie trans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tt radio use rods for Muncie trans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 10:59 pm:

Guy going to make a pair using my real cut up ones
I'm getting 63" center of the holes but if anyone could check there I feel better

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

I can't do it right now, but I'll measure mine in the morning and post it for you. It's important to get it right since unlike regular T's, the TT radius rods have no adjustment. It just bolts together, so you'll have problems if it's not just right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:39 am:

Yes sir mine are laying here in 8 pieces I measure my rear end assy I get 63" center to center of the holes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

Hi Bob,

My TT has a Muncie so it should be pretty close to what you need. I get 62 12" straight line, center to center. As I write this I realize I only measured the left side, so I can't be sure both sides are the same. I also realize that since we are talking about trucks that are nearly 100 years old, there very well could be 1/2 inch play in this measurement due to wear in the spring/perch assembly.

I think, if you can, you should get a stock radius rod, measure it then reduce by 12" for your Muncie. This approach would remove all measurement error due to flawed measuring and/or component wear.

Good luck and let us know how it turned out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

Henry thanks measured both sides of the triangle
I came up with 63" I'm going roll with that number for the first try although I can get 62.5 if a wiggle everything
If I'm off I will fix at the forward end once I get it back together but I'm got a lot work getting this rear end sorted out

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration