Boy, speedster prices have sure gone up!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Boy, speedster prices have sure gone up!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 10:42 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-2-seat-/201388577315?forcerrptr=true&hash=ite m2ee3b1d223&item=201388577315

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Asking and actual price are not the same

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 11:16 am:

$6500.00 may be more realistic. 1908; looks more like every year possible then add in the condition of the machine. Lost paint, electric improved engine, gas headlights. Mine is at least a 1916 engine and frame plus a lot more finishing touch's. I am surprised they would think it is worth that. It appears to be possibly not rebuilt components.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Decimal point in wrong place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

"Needs waterpump" Hmm, one thing it DOESN'T need, eh?
I agree, decimal place is wrong!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

There's a typo. I think he meant to say "Doesn't need water pump".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:04 pm:

Almost spit coffee out of my nose when I saw the price. Good luck with that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

That Speedster must have a lot of un-for-seen Gold plating.
Decimal is for sure in the wrong place ooohhh mmmmyyy Gooddd for sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Seems very reasonable compared to his $10,000.00 arrow head in another listing...

"Gee honey, I'm trying to sell it... REALLY"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Looks like inflation has gone hog wild in Arkinsaw. There are some early parts, but also a 26-27 coil box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

I looked at that last night. It is laughable on SO many levels! First off it is claimed as a 1908.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 04:49 pm:

Looks like a mixture of many different years. If those are 1908 fenders, they are not in very good condition.

Good luck if the seller gets his price, and sorry for the buyer if he does.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

So have some seller's stupidity and egos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

I asked some ?,s and informed the seller of what I could see for parts dates, answer was.

"That's what the 91 year old man wont's, it's all 1908, sorry, 1st one off the line in 1908. That's OK, no need to reply"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

At that price should have a miller over head Franklin steering in out crash box and tons of other goodies

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

Steve. This is just some poor old Arky "trolling" for some "rich dumb" Yankee... :-) He also has a table full of "Lucite" bracelets for sale at $20,000 for the rich Yankees wife.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 12:30 pm:

"At that price should have a miller over head Franklin steering in out crash box and tons of other goodies"

You mean like a Duesenberg drivetrain maybe?

Something is screaming SCAM ATTEMPT...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

Donnie, Do you know this Arky (Ozark Hillbilly), personally?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

Terry, No I do not know him personally, but I suspect I know who he is ... There is a person from Hot Springs who's reputation precedes him. and like Forrest Gump said. "that's all I have to say about that" :-) :-) Oh yea. Hot Springs is in the Ouachita Mountains, not the Ozarks. Im a Arkansas Ozark Hillbilly and proud of it . :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 01:30 am:

Well, I sent a message to him, "Your listing has been noted over on the Model T Club Forum, and we all pretty much agree that you must have put the deicmal place one too many to the right.
Also, Model Ts don' need no stinkin' water pumps!
:-)"
Well, today I got this response from him, "the car is going to japan get over it on to the next thing thanks for the bizz sold but im keeping the ad on im geting what the old man wonts thanks for your input
- wizardclassics2"

And I thought we had bad spelling at times here!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 02:01 am:

'im geting what the old man wonts' mmm, must mean some jail time!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Furst won off the lyne in nineteen ate wood bee well wurth that their kind ah money, doughnt ewe think?
Eye think that's knot much fur such a urly ore iginal car.
Anyway, the furst wons had water pumps, doncha no?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Total fraud. Good luck to the man who buys into the scam.
also I wonder how ebay thinks of a car sold but ad still running?
This is just bad for the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 10:41 pm:

If I didn't know better I'd start to think the seller might be a tad high on his price. But hey, it was the first car off the line in 1908. I wonder if he's got a lead on the last Model T off the line in 1907.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

I have got one question though. What the heck is a "hole" car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

"Its a hole car" I don't really know how to respond to this....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

Well, I actually do know how to respond but just won't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 12:39 am:

The first offer expired, but he's relisted it at the same low price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-2-seat-/201392592265?vxp=mtr
If you missed out on it the first time, here's your chance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 11:41 am:

They sure had long serial numbers back in '08.
The price is listed more than once.
I don't think it is a mistake. He really believes the car was built in '08. Anybody that knows anything about old Fords would not paint a T engine red if they were trying to pass it off as an original car.
The whole thing is a poor joke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

The Ambernia moon and stars pattern glass he has (which is really AMBERINA) isn't worth all that much...

The salt and pepper shakers in the lot he's selling can be had for less than fifty bucks at Replacements.com

The Fenton Little Flowers pattern of the same type of glass would sell for about 1300 bucks or more apiece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garrett F. on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

Wow, he even states that it has "newer" parts on it. The whole thing is newer than 1908.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration