Stewart 160 cable?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Stewart 160 cable?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

I am looking at putting a Stewart speedometer on my 1924 Coupe. I have the correct road gear, pinion gear. I have all the mounting hardware for the drive. (the split drive output) and a Stewart model 160 head with the split receiver on the back of the head. Where can I get the correct cable or a conversion set of adapters that would allow me to put the whole thing together?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, July 17, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

You can get a reproduction cable housing and a cable that you cut to fit from Lang's. They are purchased separately and the cable comes with the directions on how to do the cut to fit procedure. That's what I did and it works great. Just be sure to check the operation once installed with the wheel off the ground to make sure there is no binding. I assume you have the swivel drive?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Dachenbach on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 06:56 am:

Got three old swivel drives which I hope to make one of. One is pretty good so I may not need to any cannibalizing. Got to check to make sure I have a 1 to 2 1/2 ratio yet. The rest of the parts are being cleaned and then powder coated or painted as I go along. Got two mounting plates for the dash. The 160 head is a Buick but have two face plates that I can change back to a Stewart. Time will tell how accurate things are but it will be fun to see her spin.
Thanks for the tip. The other suppliers I looked at seemed to only have stuff for the Speedo. Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 07:01 am:

I have had a speedo cable on back order for months now and still have not received it from Langs. I finally contacted Russ Furstnow and he set me up with the original chain drive. It works great. Email Russ 1stnow@msn.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 07:32 am:

I use the chain on the Model 100. You want the RHD 1913 swivel. When spread apart, both ends rotate in the same direction. The mileage will be right on if you have the proper road gears. The speed drum leaves a little to the imagination. What really is a plus is knowing how many miles you have run on oil, tires etc. I really like the original setup.

Ken in Texas

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration