HITCH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: HITCH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

I have a blacksmith shop made T trailer hitch that was made from a 26-27 gooseneck spare tire carrier. Naturally, it mounts using the rear spring U bolts. I know the crown of the 26-27 rear spring was lowered to lower the height of the improved car chassis. A member wants to install this on a 24 chassis. Will it work with the higher crown 24 rear spring. He and I need to know before I ship it to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

Surely, some member owns both a pre 26-27 T and a improved T that they can check to see if the measurement of spacing and the angles of the rear spring U bolts are the same; close; or entirely off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

Terry

Yes. The '26-'27 gooseneck fits to the '25 or earlier rear spring clamps. Have this same type of fabricated hitch to my '24 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Nicholson---SW Wisconsin on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

Terry, I also have one that I made on my 25 coupe. It fits great and looks period correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

"Surely, some member owns both a pre 26-27 T and a improved T .... "

------------------------------------------------

Hold on a minute, .... you mean some of you people own more than
one of these things ?

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

Burger, yep, sick ain't it? :-)

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

What a waste of money! (or at least my wife says)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration