Another true Gentlman.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Another true Gentlman.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 07:48 am:

A few weeks ago I posted a message saying that after knowing about him for many years, having read lots of what he'd written and spoken to him over the phone, I had just met Peter Kable. I also said that he was a true gentleman and helped me out with some parts I was having difficulty in finding.
Well, 2 days ago I met another of the Aussies who frequent this forum. Another, really decent, true gentleman. Allan Bennett.
We've all read his posts and as I am with Peter's, have been very impressed with his well written posts and respected his obvious knowledge of our hobby.

Allan and I had agreed to a deal where I was purchasing some large-ish T parts from him. He lives 1,300 kms away and my wife and I had organised to take a small holiday to pick them up. Then, to my relief, Allan suggested that we should meet in a town roughly 750kms from me and 650 kms from him, to where he was travelling for an agricultural gathering and was prepared to take the parts all that way. Not enjoying driving as much as I once did, I eagerly agreed that it was a great idea.
The meeting took place, exactly as organised, the parts were even better than he'd described and I drove back home with a broad smile on my dial.
Top Bloke, Allan Bennett.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration