Roll-up rear window 21 Touring.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Roll-up rear window 21 Touring.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lawrence Murray on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

Does anybody make a roll up rear window section for a 21 Touring? I just want the rear section, not the entire roof.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 01:14 pm:

While we're at it, I want one for my 1925 Roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

They stopped using roll up rear windows by 1915. I would get the measurement from a 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

I'll try and post some pictures from my '27 roadster tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 01:41 am:

Try asking for a special order one from Classtique...you'll probably have to modify your rear curtain for the roll up though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 07:55 am:

You may want to take it to a shop that does boat upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 09:23 am:

Could be a bit of work.

Check the opening size you wish first by looking and measuring the two tie straps that come down from the rear bow to the rear seat back rest. The space between will determine the 'width' of the opening. Otherwise you will see those straps when the curtain is up.

Twin hold up straps are tacked under the window curtain prior to fitting to the rear bow, those use large 'tacks' to secure the rolled up curtain.

Got mine for the '27 touring as special from the top mfg, the roll up uses Common Sense (twist type) fasteners to the rear curtain and to the rear body rail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel in Temperance MI on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

I ordered my top for my 26 roadster pickup from Clastique last week and special ordered a roll up back window.

I am not sure how much additional charge it cost, but after riding in several early cars with them, I think it is worth the cost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 11:17 am:

I have always admired Dan's T. I especially remember a picture of it on the beach.
I like the 'Model T Ford' words painted across the back too.
I think I need a roll up rear window on my '26 touring. Besides being a neat accessory it has got to lessen the air pressure against the inside of the top when you hit a head wind at 60 MPH.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration