Sealing Crankcase Pan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Sealing Crankcase Pan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

I bought a set of flange nuts and O rings to seal the pan on my T from a vendor and forgot to order the counter sink for the installation. Does anyone know what item number or size for one that I can buy locally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Why don' t you just goop up the flange bolts with black RTV and forget about dinking up the cover with countersunk holes. If you countersink you will have to closely control the depth to get the o rings to seal. Alternately you could wrap string around each bolt and accomplish the same thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

Yupt use The Right Stuff or ULTRA Black by Permatex. The Ultra is nearly the same with a longer working time. Make sure its clean and no oil and you'll have no leaks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 06:57 am:

Just used the right stuff on the hogs head,pan,inspection pan and bolt threads two weeks ago on my 14, no leaks. You actually have more time to work with it than they say.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration