Hole in block

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hole in block
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse Encke on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 01:31 pm:

I want to open a hole for a carburetor rod in a 26 block that originally had a vaporizer carb. What is the best method for breaking out the casting between the second and third cylinder? Do I need to be concerned about breaking or cracking a cylinder wall? ? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

Jesse, mine had 3 holes drilled and then filed to eliminate the sharp corners. Each hole was about 3/8" and spaced closely to make a large hole. I'm not sure that I would try to break a hole in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

Instead of doing that why not use something like this
https://www.modeltford.com/item/6299CL.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

G.R.C. & Jesse - I installed that linkage set-up on my '27 depot hack when I got rid of the vaporizer and went to NH Holly and it was a huge success! Very easy to install and works very well and of course, eliminates the need to break a hole thru' the block,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

Is that linkage for use on an early (pre-'26) column?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 03:54 pm:

If your pre-26 column has a throttle linkage near the top yes it will work I installed mine I know it says it is for an NH but I have a kingston L4 only needed a slight mod to work and it is dependable

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 04:00 pm:

I forgot If you have a pre-26 column why would you want to use that linkage or do you have a 26 / 27 motor in a pre 26 car? I will post pictures of my set-up Later to show what I mean.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Justin this is where the throttle link comes off a 26/7 column

as you can see it is almost to the firewall this is how that linkage connects

you can see it coming across the head and then down to the carburator

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration