2016 MTFCI 60th Annual Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 2016 MTFCI 60th Annual Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

My wife Ellen and I are hosting the 2016 MTFCI National Tour with the help of the Keystone Cops and the Tri-City T's regional groups. She is the motivating force behind this. We have done a few regional tours and she has been wanting to host a National Tour. Most everything is set for the tour. We have designed this tour around back road driving. No main highways or cities. This tour will be a week of quiet, relaxing driving in your T. We will be driving through rolling farmlands with beautiful views of the Finger Lakes and Wine Country. We have set up many interesting stops. The tour routes are mapped out and it will be approximately 500 miles of driving for the week. Some members of the Keystone Cops regional group of Pa. are coming up this week to drive the tours we have mapped out. I was not able to attend the Branson Tour, but my wife was at Branson to give a presentation for the 2016 Tour. For those who have seen my posts of "the boy" my wife brought him along. Now normally he is very shy when strangers are around and won't leave our side. He went up to the podium with her, then started traveling from one end of the long stage to the other, back and forth. He totally shocked her! He just turned four and maybe coming out of his shell. Ellen's sister took a video of the whole thing and it looked pretty comical.
Stay tuned for more 2016 information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

I am not familiar with "tri-city", "Finger Lakes" and "Wine Country". "Pa." was mentioned so I guess this tour will be someplace in Pennsylvania. Am I right? I'll try Google.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

No it is not being held in Pa. The Keystone Cops are based in Pa., we belong to that regional group as there are no Regional groups in our area. The Tri City T's offered their assistance, they are located in NY, near Albany. The tour will be based in Auburn, NY (Central NY) where the Finger Lakes are located. Hope this clears it for you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 20, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

Finger Lakes are a drop dead gorgeous area. Should make for a fantastic tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 01:52 am:

Thanks Dan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

Dan,

"...a week of quiet, relaxing driving in your T"

Amen to that. Tired of trying to break my car while cheating death at every turn. (Yes, I'm exaggerating a bit, but not too much.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willard Revaz on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Signed up for your tour in Branson and reserved a banner number. Tried to find your wife but never met her to ask if she was taking a deposit with the reservation as "seed" money, but supposedly not. She gave a great description of the tour on stage while your son walked back and forth across the stage, his first audition! I am looking forward to your tour and am even close enough here in CT to drive there instead of trailering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 07:26 am:

Jerry, We are fortunate to live in an area where we can drive unlimited miles off of busy roads and away from modern traffic. Given modern driving attitudes, cell phones and texting, it makes driving our T'S more pleasurable keeping to back roads.

Willard, happy to hear you're looking forward to the 2016 Tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Hi Dan I am looking forward to NY I missed Branson it was a little far I live in Ma but will be in NY when do you think we can start booking motels? thanks to you and your wife for taking on the tour

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Kenneth, You can begin to book rooms on August 10, 2015. We are looking forward to the 2016 MTFCI Tour. Thank You for your interest

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

Sounds like a great tour! It's 1000+ miles from me, but I would really like to start attending the MTFCI tours again... I have been on about 10 of them, but only 2 in the last 10 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

Derek, it's 3000 miles for me, ruling it out. My butt will only stand for 500 miles a day and that makes it 12 days on the going and coming part of the tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 07:21 am:

Derek, Hope you can make it. We ran our first practice run yesterday with members of the Keystone Cops. Corrected one wrong turn. Great ride, perfect weather. Checked out the most unusual place, a store that dated back to the 1800's and was closed at the start of World War II because the owner didn't want to deal with rationing. Most of the items that were in stock when he closed it are still there. A real time machine!
Hal, that is a long way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 10:50 am:

When, and where, will more information be available, e.g. dates, host hotel, etc.?

I checked the other forum. I note Dan posted the same initial post there that started this discussion. There has been only one comment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Charles, More information will be in the MTFCI magazine.
The dates will be July 17-22, 2016
Holiday Inn(Host Hotel)
75 North Street
1-800-957-4654
$99.00/night plus tax
Breakfast included
Group Code MT1 for reservations
You will not be able to reserve rooms until August 10, 2015.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

You are now able to reserve your rooms at the Host Hotel.

Hotel and Campground Accommodations:

Holiday Inn Finger Lakes, Host Hotel
75 North St
Auburn, NY 13021
1-800-957-4654
$99.00/night plus tax
Group Code MTF for reservations
Full Breakfast included

Hilton Garden Inn
74 State St
Auburn, NY 13021
315-252-5511
Group Code: MT0716
Rates- $149.00/night plus tax

Inn at the Finger Lakes
15 John Street
Auburn, NY 13021
315-253-5000
Group Code: Model T Ford Club

Campground
Riverforest Campground
9439 Riverforest Rd
Weedsport, NY
315-834-9458
Group Code. MTFCI
10 miles from Host Hotel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

The dates for the 60th Annual Summer MTFCI Tour will be July 17-22, 2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug hauge upstate NY stittville 13469 on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

dan and ellen, as you know, i have toured with you and live about 70 miles from you, and I can testify that we have some of the best touring roads ever! I just toured out to the pageant of steam in canadaguia, about 120 miles and had a great trip out and back. I have toured all the finger lakes at one time or another in model Ts and they are wonderful. the tent topped touring T chapter has done tours there, and onto letchworth state park. if anyone that is coming would like to see "the grand canyon of the east" make a point of extending your stay and go to the letchworth state part. its fantastic and great Ting roads. also the 020 cross country 2009 tour went through auburn NY. I bet this tour will fill up fast and look forward to helping the club host the tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, August 10, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Doug- I agree that we have absolutely beautiful roads to T on. Great to hear that you are going to T over to Letchworth. Depending on the wrap up of the 2016 Tour, we would like to join you for the extended tour.
We mapped a tour to Taughannock Falls State Park for the 2016 Tour, but felt it was to many miles for a lot of people.
We missed seeing you at the Pageant of Steam meet, but did get pictures of your car. It was a great meet!
We are looking forward to a great meet in 2016, and appreciate your offer!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration