Looking for some help again!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Looking for some help again!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Looking for some help again.

One of my friends had a "Eveready Starting and Lighting system" from a Model T adapted on his 1912 Minerva. The car is + grounded and have a 12V system.
It was not working when he get it.
The unit was all cleaned and put together again.
With the right size off wires the starter part of the unit is working as it should be but we can't get any current out of the generator part.
As we put the unit on a test stand and we connect the generator side on a battery it spins as an electric motor so I think the armature (is the same for the starter part) and the generator field coils are ok. There is a build in cut out that I should like to test but I don't know if it can be done out of the unit and how I can do this. Can the cut out be replaced by a model T or model A one?? Should the field coils be flashed?

In the " Automobile Electrical System 1921" from Moreton and Hatch I found, in chapter VI, how the same unit should be used on a Model T but I found no information how it should be tested or repaired and no electric information.
In the attachment a few photos of the unit.

Many thanks for the advice you will give.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 01:37 am:

well that's a neat looking gizmo, never seen something like that before! Sorry I can't help you out, but if you have any more photos of the Minerva i'd love to see them!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration