High School Mechanic Shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: High School Mechanic Shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Wife had a garage sale this past weekend. A customer with a heavy English accent asked about a mechanical item I had in the sale. To find out, he is the auto shop teacher at a local high school. So I had to show him my T Couple and A boattail. He got all kinds of excited and made me promise that when school starts up this fall to bring the cars for the students to see. He said his kids for the most part only know modern cars. That he would love to have the cars for a couple days to show how automobiles in the early days to now have developed over the many years. How much of the modern car can be traced back 100 years.
Well of course I agreed being the wonderful person I am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

Tyrone -- Yes you are a wonderful person. :-)

Be ready for some interesting questions.
Most will be very good and a few will make you laugh.

Keep I list of the funny ones and post them here so we can all laugh with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:46 am:

Each year, a group of us bring our old cars to a grade school and give the 6th grade class rides around the playing field. They are provided a brief history about the old cars and are allowed to ask questions.
The 6th grade teacher is the daughter of a past member of our HCCA group. Her dad started this yearly event and after his death, we have continued doing it. The kids are well behaved and seem very interested in the cars and ask some good questions. We hope that some are inspired to help keep our old car hobby alive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 09:18 pm:

Every spring I teach a unit on early automobiles and their development to the auto mech class at the local High School. To cap off the class this year I brought in my '26 touring, my friend and mentor brought in his '14 touring so the kids could see the differences in the cars. Then we took them on a 20 mile r/t tour to a local eatery to treat them to an ice cream cone. Lots of smiles and grins along the way and back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 09:34 pm:

Great idea Kevin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 01:19 pm:

I give my sister's 5th graders rides each year. I also teach Industrial Technologies (shop) and work in a T related project or reference when ever I can.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration