Snowmobile wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Snowmobile wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 08:21 am:

Hi I am working on a T snowmobile for a guy that he bought
Not running or complete it has the TT rear end with a ruxtel
I need to find out what size wheels go on the rear
It looks like 600x20 would not fit in the tracks.
Is there a special rim wheel and tire combo for this?
Any help appreciated

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 09:03 am:

Hi Jim,

The snowmobile using a TT rear axle uses a special wheel in that it has a TT hub to fit the TT axle, but the felloe and rim are all "regular" 30 x 3 1/2. The spokes are special. I have seen only a couple of loose snowmobile wheels over the years. You may have to send TT hubs and 30 x 3 1/2 felloes to a wheelwright to have snowmobile wheels custom made.

Good luck with your project. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 12:12 am:

Interesting side note RE T Snowmobile...

On my way back home from the National Tour in Cochrane I hauled a bunch tracks and two wheels down to SoCal from the seller near Salt Lake City. I couldn't imagine why a guy down here wanted to build a T snowmobile but he lives near Palmdale and has some mountains close by and an affection to the T with tracks!

I was surprised how heavy those wheels were! It all sure would add a lot of extra weight even with the fenders off.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration