'26-27 coupe rear panel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '26-27 coupe rear panel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 10:32 am:

I would like to know if someone could show me a picture, of how the corner triangle braces, on the top of the rear panel brace. How are they installed. Are they on top of the rear panel, or under the panel. I can see the rivets, that go through the top of the panel to hold the triangles on, but from the pictures I find, I can't see if the triangles are underneath the edge of the panel, or on top of it.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 11:21 am:

Pat, are these the braces you are talking about? I re-drilled mine and used machine screws to fasten. Harv.bracebrace

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

Yes, those are what I'm asking about. Did they originally sit under the panel, or did you replace the panel over the top of them.

Thanks, Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 08:00 am:

Pat, My car appears to be original, body wise, and the corner pieces are attached like Harvey has his shown above. The vertical leg is riveted and the horizontal bolted to the lower pan lip. Hope this helps. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 08:30 pm:

Thanks for the info, and pictures. I will put it like in the pictures.

Thanks, Pat

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration