Narrow-gauge 1910 Model T railroad chassis $1500

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Narrow-gauge 1910 Model T railroad chassis $1500
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

1910 Model T chassis modified for narrow-gauge railroad. Frame has some heavy pitting on the sides and rear crossmember is bent from being used as a hitch. 6-rivet rear axle is narrowed and heavily modified to use 2 ring gears and sliding pinion for full-speed reverse. Engine is later, 1920.

Has heavy cast wheels with sprockets and chain to make it 4-wheel drive.

Was used to pull carts of cranberries out of swamps in Wisconsin.

$1500

Located near Rochester, MN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Derek - It looks like your boys want to get into the railroad business! Set it up in your backyard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:47 pm:

Forgot to include phone# 507-438-8907

Mike, the boys would agree with you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

Sorry, put this in the wrong forum... though I was in the classifieds. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

Derek, I'm glad you posted it here, I would not have seen it in the classifieds. Very interesting unit. What gauge is it set for? There are a few narrow gauge tracks back your way, but most are out west, like me (way too far away to go after it). Maybe those two cranberry farmers we see on the TV would be interested??
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

Derek, I'm glad you posted it here, I would not have seen it in the classifieds. Very interesting unit. What gauge is it set for? There are a few narrow gauge tracks back your way, but most are out west, like me (way too far away to go after it). Maybe those two cranberry farmers we see on the TV would be interested??
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne - Racine, MN on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Derek, I'd be interested but it's a little big for the gauge track I run on.

Good seeing you, your family and your Dad last weekend. Sorry I didn't have a chance to give your boys some "engineering" time on the train.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

Did you tip the seller a can of Right Guard? ws

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

It seems like all of the cool early /old cars, automotive engines and parts in Minnesota and Michigan?? That would be so cool but it is a long drive from California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 09:15 am:

Mark, it seems everything that I want to buy is always in California! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

Derek I will meet you half way. Ha Ha Ha

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration