TT stake bed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: TT stake bed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

Not sure what to say... I bought a utility trailer to haul wood, rocks, and other stuff. I bought it more because it was cool, rather than any other reason. I knew it was off an old ford, from what I was told probably a 70's truck. So I was just going to use it and not worry. Well, after talking off the plywood floor and rotted 2x8's I was gonna blast it, paint it, and wire it. But I didn't want to drill holes to mount lights because it was cool as is.
I decided to research it, turns out it's a 1920's Model TT stake bed. Now I won't use it as a trailer, because someone, somewhere is probably needing it.
I have pictures, but they are too big to load on here. Bed measures 5x8 inside approx 65.25" x 99.25 outside
I guess I'm just wondering about the value, and if anyone would be interested.
Flrmatthew@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan in Illinois on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Someone would certainly be interested! I wish I could see some pictures. Try resizing the images in your computers paint program. Just change the % to 50% or whatever you need to get the file size below 200

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Ok. I will try that tomorrow, at work at the moment. Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

I will try that tomorrow, I am working at the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

Matthew,

Thank you for thinking of the Model T Ford group and saving the TT bed for someone who may need it for a period correct truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

I second that last comment. Many of these got all wored-out and tossed away, replaced
with straight wood-frame beds or other fittings. There seems to be a movement afoot for
more and more crazies to take on the long-spurned TT truck and few things look finer than
one of these ugly old dogs with a proper Ford flatbed all loaded up with brush or bricks or
hay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 12:50 am:

Pictures like that make me want to keep it and look for a project. I'm a car guy, that's why I can't let it get ruined.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 02:55 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

A guy could build a period-matching flatbed trailer with a set of 20" TT wheels under it ! :-)

I'd save it for a truck though and build any trailer as a pole-type with the appropriate 20's vintage wood spoke wheels. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

Not a bad idea. I'm leaning toward selling it, but if I can't get a decent price I'll keep it in the garage and look for the right project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 01:03 am:

My buddy Dale bought a decent one for his TT. If memory serves, he paid $400 for it (?).
Most of them I hear about are still being found in junk heaps and are being had for junk heap
prices. Not sure what a "decent price" is, but I am sure there are plenty of guys who would
like a decent bed frame like that to do their truck up with. I have one on both of my trucks
and am emphasizing a "quality over quantity" approach to my vehicles these days, to where
even two seems like one too many for the money and hours I have to wrench on or drive them.
Still haven't figured out how to drive more than one at a time ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, July 26, 2015 - 08:06 am:

That stake bed is a beautiful specimen...should be easy to restore...and valuable. My experience started with a piece of junk and after many hours later turned out fine...but it was free.
Notice the pattern of four small holes punched in each web...for the tail light bracket. I had all parts but hot shown. Brackets to main runners all sheared off.
TT bed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

I have decided that it would be best to sell it. I will be posting some detailed pics within the next day or two. Anyone who is interested can email me at FLRMATTHEW@GMAIL.COM. we can discuss price and other details through email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan in Illinois on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 12:49 pm:

You're a good man Matt. My TT Stake-bed is one of my most valuable pieces of farm equipment. Easy to start and that bed is at the exact height I need to use as a mobile work station when I'm building anything. They are also great for hauling logs (what I'm doing this weekend) clearing brush, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 02:04 pm:

There is an angle welded to the front, each of the two rails have a 2 inch hole in them (was made into a tilt trailer), and the rear has a small bend on the bottom. The next pictures will show you these.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

Doing metal fabrication most of my life, I feel these are some pretty simple repairs. But I had one deal fall through because of these. These are the only issues with the bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

I wish the one I just bought was that nice.

Mine was modified to mount on a Ford Ranger for the local junkyard to run parts with... lots of welding and cutting has been done on it, but I got it for $100 so I won't complain too much. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

Yeah. Can't complain for the $100 you spent. I'm just hoping to get what I paid, then I'll just build a trailer to fit my needs/wants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Hanson on Friday, August 07, 2015 - 12:50 am:

Bump

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration