Was two tone paint normal for the 1912? Fenders black, body separate color?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Was two tone paint normal for the 1912? Fenders black, body separate color?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

Was two tone paint normal for the 1912 touring? Fenders black, body separate color?

I am deciding on paint color and am going with navy blue body and very dark blue fenders.

I noticed many other 12's with black fenders. Was that how they originally came off the line? I thought only delivery cars were that way?

Like to know for myself and to tell on lookers at shows what was normal.

Thanks! Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 08:09 pm:

Robert,

According to Bruce (R.I.P.) at: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/1912.htm as well as the MTFCI Judging Guidelines 6th edition, the 1912 cars came either way. So the choice appears to be up to you.

From http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/1912.htm Bruce wrote: All cars were painted a very dark, all-but-black, blue. .... (Fender color is listed as “black” in the 1912 Factory Facts booklet; both blue and black seem to have been used, based on existing, seemingly original, cars.)

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

Thanks Hap, that helps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Robert, to be "correct " if you are going with blue the fenders should be the same color as the body not two shades of blue. Or blue body with black fenders. Best of luck. MG

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration