Serial number location

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Serial number location
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne thompson on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 05:37 pm:

Other than the engine where else can I find the serial number of a 25 Fordor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

No where. The engine serial number is your VIN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

Royce: I thought that I had read that some of the "T" had a matching # on the frame. Why I say that is that I have read some of the Forum notes that they had matching Numbers with the engine and frame and body and etc!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

Bill, They didn't start putting the serial number on the frame until December 12, 1925, and that was during the 1926 Model year run.

keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Although some of us have earlier Ts with matching numbers on the frame. This satisfies the unacknowledged Licensing agency personnel.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 24, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

Shh!
Actually, many model Ts do have more than one serial number. Most early 1915 and earlier Ts had a "car number" plate on the firewall that had a serial number that was NOT intended to be used as a vehicle licensing number, but probably was used more often than one would like to believe. Most earlier bodies, including my spring 1915 runabout had a body manufacturer's serial number that was in addition to the Ford car #. Some body styles, including my April '24 coupe and most center-door sedans, continued to have a manufacturer's serial number through much of 1924. On top of all those, many accessories (including Ruckstells, many fatman steering wheels, some magneto drives, and probably dozens of others) also had serial numbers of their own.
And like David D's car, my '15 runabout has a serial number stamped on the frame. Califunny actually encouraged people to do that in the 1920s, so such frames while not really common are not very rare here.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration