Good Coils make a big difference!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Good Coils make a big difference!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

My 1914 roadster was not running smooth especially on the mag. I contacted Steve Strom, Vice President and tour director for the Western Idaho Model T Ford Club, and he loaned me some new rebuilt coils to try, What a difference! Steve tested the coils I had and 2 out of four were not working properly. He has the Fun Projects coil tester and it pin points problems. Now I need to get my coils rebuilt since I really like the smooth running my Roadster is capable of. If things are not running smooth and your T jerks when accelerating it could be coils. A model T really purrs when it is right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

Fun Projects also sells new coils for just a little more than the cost that you can pay to ship and have those old coils rebuilt.

I have a StroboSpark tester and tested a set yesterday for a friend. They all passed with flying colors and his TT runs much better now. He had never heard of a compression start and the coils demonstrated a few of those for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

Old wiring can cause lots of trouble too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration