Is this a problem?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Is this a problem?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 03:55 pm:

Had the 93 year old out for a cruise today. Air temperature at 86 degrees did not experience a boil over. Even with the water pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

Sounds like you need to dump some oatmeal in your radiator to impede the flow of water though it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 04:47 pm:

Leave it just as is. It ain't broke, don't fix.
Went to a parade all uphill, not very steep about one mile. Had the grand marshal in the car. Had no trouble either. Temp in 90's. Just use low Ruckstell and low pedal. Run engine at fast idle. Keep the lever in the neutral position and either tap the low or the brake depending on whether to go or stop. Ran just fine. No water pump. If it aint broke, don't fix.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

Royce is the expert on water pumps.
I find that all my model T Fords run cool without the water pump.
You do have to make sure that the engine water jacket is not plugged with minerals and also the radiator needs to be in good shape.
I like that body style with the suicide doors and the rounded rear window.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

Just retard the spark if you want boil her out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

George,

Very nice looking Coupe. I have a '22 Coupe also and enjoy it more then the '27 touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Good looking coupe George!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

George --

I understand why your feeling badly because you are missing one of the fun things about a Model T.(boiling over)

Don't feel left out.

The T will find something else to annoy you with.
I can guarantee that it will happen in front of a large group of people.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration